Killing Mold on Wood, Drywall and Tile
It is not uncommon, especially during the winter months to notice some mold growth on window sill, baseboards and in the bathroom. Depending on the extent of the problem it sometimes makes sense to try to first attempt to resolve the issue on your own. If you’ve noticed a small amount of mold on drywall, wood or tile it is possible that you may have a minor amount of surface mold. You can try the following home remedies….
- Try cleaning the moldy area with soap and water – if it is just a small amount of surface mold, soap and water can be a very effective solution
- If you want to invest a small amount of money, there are a number of off the shelf products that can be found at any local home renovation/hardware store
- If the mold persistently comes back it is possible that it is not just surface mold. Ask yourself the following questions…
- Is there an excess amount of humidity in the air?
- Is there an excess amount of water coming in or leaking in the area?
- In the case of wood/drywall, does the material seem to be soft/wet?
If the answer is yes to any of those questions, do not attempt to perform any additional do it yourself solutions and contact a mold removal company to come in and perform a mold and moisture inspection.